POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio. Initial version. : Re: Capriccio. Initial version. Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio. Initial version.
From: Gena
Date: 4 Apr 2003 14:45:17
Message: <3E8DE0C5.D3D845BD@mail.com>
> instance.  Also the mans head should align with the base of the St Pauls
> entrance.  But raising the camera may cause other misalignments.
> The foreground steps have a very tricky angle in them and it is
> precisely where the figure of the woman is sitting, so I would like to
> be able to model the steps. I posted my code so you can play with it.  I
> will start modelling some of the easier figures, any high res shots you
> can post would be very appreciated

I think we don't have to copy the reference painting one by one. We just
have to use it as a reference. So some differences should not be considered
as a big problem :)
I 'll post some high res. fragments today in the evening (PST).

> Attached is a look at the mesh after one smoothing.  Will do the higher
> res render in a moment.

Looks great! Maybe just lacks some creases on the clothes I hope that
eventually we will have a tutorial on your web site how you did that :)

Gena.