POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...At Lexxaco's : Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's Server Time
29 Jun 2024 07:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's
From: William F  Pokorny
Date: 29 Mar 2003 17:10:48
Message: <3E8619E8.9141E565@attglobal.net>
Yes, a great image. I too wish it were larger and I look forward to seeing the
rest of Lexxville!

A few things I noticed and thought as I looked at the image. I wondered why
there were no power lines on the top set of braces on the poles? I think there
are usually two high voltage lines up top. The base of the fire hydrant was too
clean - unless the pavement was just laid down. The other texturing, which is
great, leads me to think the pavement has been there for some years. Just a
little dirt around the base of the hydrant would have helped I think.

I like the dominant red color very much. It feels very appropriate for the
period.

Did you think about adding a small security light inside the gas station?
Certainly not necessary, but it might have brought out more of the inside
detail.

How did you come to use Cinema 4D as your tool of choice for rendering? Have you
tried other tools?
Regards, Bill P.