POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...At Lexxaco's : Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:07:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Mar 2003 08:52:21
Message: <3E85A54F.F8451CF5@gmx.de>
lexx wrote:

> thank you - I'm glad that there's some mood in the picture. Because of all
> the light in this pic. I tell you where it's from. I thought I could
> imitate an photography with a small blend and long lightning. (like maybe
> 15 sec. So I had to light up the scene. For shure normally there just 3
> lights in that scene plus moonlight. But it wasn't enough and the pic was
> too dark, so I used some lights around the gas-station.

I did not say the image is too bright, it's just the majority of the light
technically seems to come from the light bulbs at the ceiling.  But those
themselves would have to be much brighter in that case.  Just imagine
taking a photo of such a scenery at night - the light bulbs would have to
be strongly overexposed if you don't want the rest to be completely black.

Christoph