POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Radio Graves : Re: Old Technology...Radio Graves Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:41:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Radio Graves
From: William F  Pokorny
Date: 27 Mar 2003 10:13:45
Message: <3E831529.6289F248@attglobal.net>
Glad to see you have already kicked this off. This image had a wonderful
American Midwestern feel for me. Reminded me of my youth in the state of
Indiana. I agree with the comments about the fence being not quite right -
shorter and a more conservative design might have fit the image a little better.
Given the age of the radios they also looked too pristine. Think about grave
stones of an age equal to the radios. If the radios all 'lived a good life' they
would be somewhat beat up... :-)

I am not as sure about the glossy grass comments. It is usually dry and dusty in
August when the corn is this height. I would actually make an argument for
adding more brown to the grass. A dusty brown environment is at odds with the
polished wood of the radios.

The concept for this image is terrific! I found myself at a loss for a 'good'
idea for the old technology round. Similarly stuck for the current
round....