POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Text function and TTF fonts : Text function and TTF fonts Server Time
27 Apr 2024 03:00:28 EDT (-0400)
  Text function and TTF fonts
From: François de Dardel
Date: 7 Mar 2003 14:10:51
Message: <3E68EEBB.4050803@netscape.net>
As you can see, my name has a "special" character. The .TTFs offered
with POV do not seem to contain characters with diacritical marks. I
have tried to put in the "include" folder other fonts, but when I try to

use them with POV they don't work and I get an error about "Invalid
TrueType font headers".

Q1: Without diacritical characters, you can write only in Malay,
Indonesian, Tagalog and Basic English. Is there a solution for French,
German, Italian and Portuguese (for instance)?

Q2: How can I distinguish betweeen a TT font that is OK for POV and one
that is not?

http://mapage.noos.fr/dardelf/
Utilisez mon adresse sur noos seulement
Use only my noos e-mail