POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Files ready to download and new topic : Re: Files ready to download and new topic Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:38:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Files ready to download and new topic
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 6 Mar 2003 21:46:25
Message: <3E68081F.ABE56A71@buckosoft.com>
Gena Obukhov wrote:

> > Also, the new topic is Architecture.
>
> Eight years ago we had already this topic :)
> http://www.irtc.org/old/oct95/index.html
>
>  A lack of topics? Or maybe I'm becoming very old ... ;)
>
> Gena.

The admins discussed this, too.

1) Architecture was the topic that was on top of the "vote for topic" list.
2) oct95 was the old Matt Kruse competition, not the official super IRTC.
   So technically, the IRTC has never done architecture.
3) We figured most of the current batch of top artistes weren't participating
   back then.
4) Maybe Nathan will come out of retirement for the "special" topic.
5) It is the topic people voted for.

Bill is very hesitant to select a topic other than the one on the top of the
topic list.  That *is* the reason for that system.  Once or twice he skipped
the top rated topic when it was either already done, or too close to the previous
round's topic.

So he posts the top 5, sez "i think we should do this one" and we all grunt
our approval.

dik