POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Italian Room HDR map : Re: Italian Room HDR map Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Italian Room HDR map
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Mar 2003 03:31:43
Message: <3E606FEE.1EDCD734@gmx.de>
Ive wrote:

> > More interesting than this would be to have your LogLuv output patch.
>
> More interesting than what?

More interesting than the image :-)

Don't get me wrong, the image looks good but being able to generate one's
own HDR maps would be more useful.

> >Could you publish you patch?
>
> It was made for this purpose. But it was only a one night quick and
> brute hack. So when enabling the LogLuv file output, the continue
> trace option and the render window does not work, maybe there are
> more side effect. Nothing is yet documented and I did not even read
> the guidelines for patching pov. I guess there are some.
> So I do not want to become crucified for my dirty hacking style, but
> have currently no time to work on this.

You can send it to me if you want - someone from the Megapov Team might
find the time to work on it so it can be included in Megapov.

If continued trace does not work i assume you have not yet implemented the
Read_Line() method.

Christoph