POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Testing 1..2..3 (100k) : Re: Testing 1..2..3 (100k) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing 1..2..3 (100k)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 27 Feb 2003 12:19:34
Message: <3E5E4895.209CC057@luxlab.com>
Hi, it's really me hidind behind that alias. This was a lighting test
but I also wanted to see how photographers and CG hobbyists see it. On a
photography BBS the earlier version got comments like: nice, looks fine,
needs more contrast and sharpness etc. I applied those and other
suggestions to this version.

The scene is just one mesh and 4 4x4 area lights. No radiosity. The
texture is an image map which is also used as bump map with curves
adjustment. Looks boring when rendered directly (30 minutes). Ater 30
minutes in Gimp + Photoshop it looks much nicer. It's a variation of the
rendering by layers method with 2-pass film transfer curve fake.
Professional compositing software probably has this kind of functionality
built-in.

I guess the result is close enough to photorealistic if you have to
dig up a microscope to look for the "cheats" :)

Kari Kivisalo