POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shadow Hall Continued : Re: Shadow Hall Continued Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow Hall Continued
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 26 Feb 2003 13:15:49
Message: <3E5D04E0.5CCF557E@Rapidnet.com>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> "Anthony D. Baye" wrote:
> >
> > Arcade view. No textures, lighting pass.
> >
> >     The tree isn't working out too well, when I render with the tree in
> > the scene, the light buffer chokes.  Is it really important to have the
> > light buffer on? What does it do?  I've been thinking about having my
> > fountain as the centerpiece of the courtyard, instead; but I'd still
> > like to have a tree or two in the image.  Although, trees aren't easy to
> > come by when working with pov, and getting a tree to look how you wan't
> > it to look is even more tedious than placing it in the scene.  Anyway,
> > I'm going to need to break up the air space in the courtyard somehow.
> >     As ever, I'm open to comments and suggestions..
> >
> > A.D.B.

> >  [Image]
>
> Ooooh, I like them columns and they make nice shadows. Strange
> perspective though.
>
> Remco

Thank you!
It's another view of these:

hallway, basic textures and exterior lighting only.
of hallway, improved textures and interior lighting w/ new railing and
different sky.
from hallway, looking out over the Balustrade. With textures and interior
lighting no sky, radiosity.

I re-rendered the previously posted image to include the tree visible in the
second link.  View from arcade, with textures and interior lighting. No
radiosity or photons.
It took somewhere around 9 hours to render.

A.D.B

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sh_wt&t_vfa.jpg' (141 KB)