POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : technology derailed? : Re: technology derailed? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: technology derailed?
From: William F  Pokorny
Date: 17 Feb 2003 10:07:29
Message: <3E50FAB0.9601F5FB@attglobal.net>
When I get in these situations I usually render at 2 or 3 times the final size
with either no AA or very low AA settings like +A0.4 +Am2 +R2. Another option,
which looks better, would be to use a very slight focal blur, but this will be
very slower. If you have the ability to render just parts of an image you could
use the focal blur on the rails alone - some of the better POVers routinely
render sub parts of images with different settings and then glue the results
together to create the final image.
Bill P.