POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : glass of wine, strange effects ! : Re: glass of wine, strange effects ! Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glass of wine, strange effects !
From: philippe Hay
Date: 16 Feb 2003 17:23:17
Message: <3E500EBF.3050309@kimweb.de>
Thanks a lot for all of you,

The problem is solved!

In fact, it was really a problem with coincidence surfaces.
my first tests were done with only about 5000 triangles, and with both
version:

- surface of wine is in contact with glass
- surface of wine is offset by amout 0.1 mm

The second test vino3.jpg with more triangles had still a surface of
wine in contact with the glass.
So I have now add a gap again between glass and wine and it gives very
good results.
I also play with some parameters in my CAD programs, so I only need
about 8000 triangles.

I only have a PII, and it takes always a lot of time to realise such
rendering, it is a nightmare, specially in the test phase.
I hope I will send you a nice picture in some weeks, in fact I wanted to
render a broken glass, and to see some interesting caustics effects.