POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lathe problem (JPG, 800 x 600, 6 KB) : Lathe problem (JPG, 800 x 600, 6 KB) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Lathe problem (JPG, 800 x 600, 6 KB)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 13 Feb 2003 15:19:26
Message: <3E4C0DBF.BB303E66@tiscalinet.de>
High!

Currently, I'm modeling an ancient mathematical co-prozessor... and with
its pins, a problem occurred. As they are somehow soldered to the
ceramic die's lower side, there is a smooth transition between the pin
itself and its flat round base. Any attempts to model this with blobs
resulted in monstrously swollen base cylinders, so I decided to do it
with a lathe, using Moray.

But when viewed from along the z axis, the lathe turns out to be
asymmetric (see picture)! Did this result from the fact that I did not
specify a fourth point on the y axis?

Here is the code:

#declare Pin_Raw=
cylinder