POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Laser Sattelite [WIP] : Laser Sattelite [WIP] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Laser Sattelite [WIP]
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 8 Feb 2003 03:29:58
Message: <3E44C09F.D68895C0@Rapidnet.com>
This evolved out of a MUCH simpler concept, which was rendered about
four years ago.  I'm still up in the air (sorry about the pun) over it's
exact function, but it is, at least, established as some sort of laser
sattelite.  (I'm leaning toward a Genisis [as in Star Trek II] type
device)
    I'm in the process of creating the hydrolic rams that raise the
solar cloth pannels (you can see the arms standing at right angles to
the body.)
    I also designed it with animation in mind, so maybe when it's
finished I'll be able to upload a short firing sequence movie to my
site.  I'll post a link of course.
    The solar cloth pannels are contained in cylindrical housings, which
extend from guide tubes.  The guide tubes are attatched to armatures
thatpivit from the base and are lifted by means of a sliding hydrolic
ram that runs along tracks placed inside the doors.
    When inactive the panels and lifters fit snugly inside the doors.
The real challenge is going to be dynamic hoses, something I've never
even though of attempting before.
    This is really going to be fun.

Anthony D. Baye

Post a reply to this message