POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some radiosity issues : Re: Some radiosity issues Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some radiosity issues
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Jan 2003 16:07:26
Message: <3E3AE58C.C6C9054@gmx.de>
Peter Hertel wrote:

> Hi all!
> I'm having some problems with getting radiosity to look good in my current
> IRTC project.
> I've attatched three pictures
> bathroom07_small_original.jpg is how it came out from POV-Ray
> bahtroom07_gamma.jpg is gamma correceted to se the detais
> bahtroom07_target.jpg is an gamma / brightness / contrast altered image, and
> is somewhat what I aim for.

Your image is simply way too dark.  Making the light source much brighter
will certainly improve it (alternatively you can also try the film
exposure function in megapov).

Also note that modifying contrast/brightness/gamma in the (8 bit) image
afterwards will strongly reduce the quality - most artefacts in your third
image do not seem to be caused by radiosity but by the limited color
resolution.

Christoph

Last updated 31 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______