POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tree + Snow : Re: Tree + Snow Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree + Snow
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 30 Jan 2003 11:28:26
Message: <3E395131.51A7452D@mail.com>
> Interesting, parsing time or render time?

Total time.

> Will POV-Tree also benefit from
> this and get the modifications included?

POV-Tree doesn't use TOMTREE.inc file directly. That macro is
hard-coded in Java (for Preview and Mesh Export).
Right now I'm trying to contact Tom Aust so that he would
allow to distribute modified version of his macro with POV-Tree.

> May I suggest version numbers in the name of the zip file you have for
> download? Makes it easier to keep track of which version you have..

Thanks for good advise. I'll do that in the future.

> I've tried TOMTREE.inc by hand once, but it got far too complicated, and
> slow.

That's why I decided to make POV-Tree :) It's really very complicated but
it creates very realistic trees.

> POV-Tree is an awesome valuable tool, which I will make very good use
> of. The mesh export is what makes it really worth using! Thank you very much
> Gena!

My pleasure.

Gena.