POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Balloon Trip : Re: WIP: Balloon Trip Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Balloon Trip
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 27 Jan 2003 11:08:00
Message: <3E3568FE.232D1A65@tiscalinet.de>
High!

My first attempt at a landscape with slope-dependent textures -
heightfield made with Jon Beale's HF Lab. Nothing really
spectacular, I used a slightly turbulated gradient y texture map
containing in itself two bipartite slope texture maps and one
simple texture...

Thanks, Kevin... be prepared to lend your name to an asteroid/crater/ice
fracture in my Shams stellar system one day!

Perhaps I should use isosurfaces rather than heightfields in the future,
to get rid of the griddy texture borders, as with the
boundary between dry pastures and desert in the lower left...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: The Tatha-Gatha (Buddha) (Osamu Kitajima)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'winter_on_ghurghusht.jpg' (31 KB)

Preview of image 'winter_on_ghurghusht.jpg'
winter_on_ghurghusht.jpg