POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Round/bevel: Include file : Re: Round/bevel: Include file Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Round/bevel: Include file
From: Frank 'Sputnik' Rothfuß
Date: 25 Jan 2003 00:06:16
Message: <3E321B47.568D0B52@computermuseum.fh-kiel.de>
Hi John,

sorry for the inconvenience. I've tested very carefully: on one computer
with versions 3.1 and 3.5 (windows 95), on a different computer with 3.1
only (windows 2000). The render starts *almost at once* (delay less than
2 seconds), even at only 233 MHz!

To find out what your problem might be, I downloaded the file and checked
it: perfectly OK here!

Did your newsreader misunderstand the encoding of the attachment (for
example '=3D' in place of a single '='?

Do you have anything unusual in your POVRAY.INI?

At the very end of Brett.inc, the variable 'Show' is used to time a small
pause (typ. 4 seconds) before the start of the next pic of the slide show.
This 15. line, counted from the end, should be

#ifdef (Show) #if (Nr>1&Nr!=10) #while (Show>0) #declare Show = Show-0.01; #end #end
#end

Please check if this is correct in your downloaded version, esp. check if
a line wrap has truncated the '0.01' to '0'. If there is everything OK,
please try the following:
 - delete or comment-out this delay loop, even if it looks OK
 - run with 'BrettDebug=1;', this will activate a protocol of macro
   invocations in the #debug stream
 - render and watch the message window: any activity?
 - also try to render a single pic with Show=0 and Nr=4 (or any other
   integer from 1 to 13)
 - last try: render with Show=0 and Nr=0, this should give only the
   background scene which uses no 'Brett'-macros. (But see the
   postscriptum below)

And never wait too long; when it works, then it is very fast!
Perhaps a new download will help?

Please let me know if your problem persists and what you observe.

   Sputnik

P.S. There are two minor errors:
 (1) change '#local Eps = 0.0001;' to '#declare Eps = 0.001;'
     The demo will run with both statements, but when using
     Brett.inc as include file, Eps will be forgotten.
 (2) When including Brett.inc (without Nr or with Nr=0), the
     background scene will appear, ruining the scene. The code for
     this is the last code block in the file; delete it :( or
     encapsulate it with:
     #ifdef (Nr) #if (Nr>0)
     <the code for background scene>
     #end #end