POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double Layering Grass [170KB] : Re: Double Layering Grass [170KB] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Double Layering Grass [170KB]
From: William F  Pokorny
Date: 22 Jan 2003 11:10:48
Message: <3E2EC288.5EC886FC@attglobal.net>
It seems many of us have been thinking about grass lately... :-)

This image looks very good and I too have thought about the layer of thatch as a
base. I was thinking I could get the look of thatch by careful texturing along
the height of the prisms. Another reason I was thinking prism was that I thought
I might be able to get some weeds/broad leaf plants into the mix.

I am guessing the two meshes collide? I have not looked at Gilles code, but I
wonder if we could modify it to avoid the collisions but still add the dead
grass?

Good stuff.
Bill P.