POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : checkers kinda (640x480 ~170k jpg) : Re: checkers kinda (640x480 ~170k jpg) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: checkers kinda (640x480 ~170k jpg)
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 17 Jan 2003 17:30:45
Message: <3E288418.2090102@spam.com>
Ross:

I posted such an image.

I went back into the archives for p.b.scene-files (I think)
and found Gena's posts for 'filters.'  Then I popped open her
macros and saw how she did it.

Her technique has you using an image map to define a pigment,
and then using the eval_pigment function to sample the pigment
at various intervals.  I just used it to sample the image
map at equivalent intervals to the tiles I was placing in
the mosaic.

Aaron