POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray parser in Java : Re: POV-Ray parser in Java Server Time
21 Jul 2024 04:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray parser in Java
From: fidel viegas
Date: 8 Jan 2003 19:38:01
Message: <3E1CC2E4.2090203@nodomain.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <BA410C8C.8D7C%fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk> , Fidel viegas
> <fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk>  wrote:
>

>>http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~appel/modern/java/CUP/.
>

> <http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~appel/modern/>
>
> Given that this link goes to a subpage of one of the worst introductory
> compiler construction books ever written*, content of that site cannot
> really be considered credible or reliable!

I do agree that the book isn't that good, but the link wasn't meant for
the book, but for the parser generator. I personally, do not use it, I
just gave a couple of links of parser generators I know. I use ANTRL
(which generates code for C++, C# and other languages as well as Java)
and  SableCC.

All the best

Fidel.

PS: The bible for compiler writing is the dragon book (Compilers:
Principles, Techniques and Tools, by Alfred Aho), no doubt about it.