POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : randomish (~38K) : Re: randomish (~38K) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: randomish (~38K)
From: Edward Coffey
Date: 8 Jan 2003 07:13:31
Message: <3E1C18BE.80607@alphalink.com.au>
PoD wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:17:39 +1100, Edward Coffey wrote:
>>Do you have other constraints - like the number of times a point may be
>>visited? It would be interesting to see if it could fill much of the
>>volume if you only let it visit each point once.
>

> At the moment it will go to any of the adjacent points regardless but tags
> the point as having a sphere and the two points as having a cylinder so
> that only one object will be created.
>
> I'll have to try only visiting empty points.  I suspect that large areas
> would become 'walled off' unless a lot of the volume was allowed to be
> used.

Yes I imagine so. Perhaps you could make some kind of simple re-routing
routine such that if your pipe layer got stuck he could find out if any
of the blocking pipes were trivially re-routable, and if so, move them
to a different route to allow the pipeline to continue on through.

I can't imagine why you would bother, but it might be fun.