POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Fun with Mosaics (WIP) : Re: More Fun with Mosaics (WIP) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Fun with Mosaics (WIP)
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 6 Jan 2003 12:33:23
Message: <3E19BDE6.4090508@spam.com>
It's a bit complicated to explain, and my code is so
terrible that I don't dare post it.  Briefly, I thought
of the problem as lining the interior of a dome with
rows of tiles.  So, I used trigonometry to calculate
the X and Y position of one endpoint of each row and
then rotated the tiles around the Y axis.  The number of
tiles in each row was calculated by taking the
circumference of the circle defined by the end points
and dividing it by the size of the tile.  I then
rotated each tile to the proper angle.  Seems like
a lot of work for just this effect and I wonder if
there is not an easier way ...

Aaron

Aaron Gillies
New York City