POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Associating a resolution with a .pov file : Re: Associating a resolution with a .pov file Server Time
18 May 2024 09:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Associating a resolution with a .pov file
From: Eric Pepke
Date: 5 Jan 2003 16:42:52
Message: <3E18A635.8030301@acm.org>
Thorsten, just what exactly is your problem with me?  As far as I know,
I've never even met you, so what could I have done to you?  And I said
up front that I appreciate your having released such a fine ray tracer.
And I'm trying to add value to it.

I'm doing the best I can, given that I'm dealing with a bunch of source
code that I didn't write and don't understand, and that I'm a Cocoa
guru but a Carbon novice.  I don't want to get into an argument with
you about the "right" way to do this, smilies or no; I'm just trying
to figure out how it is done, and given that Open... doesn't work, I
don't have a lot of prima facie evidence that everything is done in a
way that I'd consider right and guaranteed not to break.  I don't have
CodeWarrior to do searches for me, and I have to convert every source
file with a Perl script before I can meaningfully run grep on it.

If you don't want to point me in the direction of what source files
to look into to figure out the format of this resource, then that's
fine, but just *say so*.  And I'll get on with it and not bother asking
questions here and everyone will be happy.