POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available : Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available Server Time
5 Oct 2024 05:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Jan 2003 04:37:35
Message: <3E12B6DE.431E9AC3@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> I guess it is some rounding error in the default split time then.
> Essentially the sub-second precision of that function is useless (because it
> measure "OS scheduler noise").  So I will try to provide a better version of
> that function for 3.51.

That seems a good idea, it is also broken in official POV on Linux, if you
have it rewritten it is probably a good idea to test if it fixes the
problems on all platforms since those do not necessarily have to be the
same.

> PS: Is there any special trick to view the generic documentation?  It
> doesn't work properly under IE 5.0/5.2 Mac, Netscape 4.79 Mac, the Mac OS
> 8/9 Help Viewer or the Mac OS X Help Center.  As far as the error are
> concerned, IE does not render any of the examples correctly (some linefeed
> problem in the HTML I guess), Netscape does not render most of it at all
> (not really surprising though), and the Help Viewer/Center on the one hand
> never supported style sheets, but the cross-links don't work either, and
> there are some warning messages displayed (different ones, let me know if
> you want the exact text).  Oh, and apparently some images are not there
> because I get broken image images in all four programs.

Yvo already explained the Mac specialities - it looks fine on:

IE 5 Windows
Mozilla 1 Windows
Konqueror 3.0.1 Linux

but it has serious problems with Netscape 4.x - trying without the style
sheet might help.

Christoph

Last updated 31 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______