POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available : Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available Server Time
29 Jun 2024 06:01:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Dec 2002 14:05:57
Message: <3E11EA94.61D5B83A@gmx.de>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> The "listed" pattern looks like the "solid" pattern from my old patch
> tutorial and MegaPOV+. Frankly, I like my name better, "listed" gives no
> impression of what the result is.

'solid' is also used for crackle solid so this might lead to confusion.

> I'm a bit irritated...I had asked to be included in updating my patches
> for the new version. The displace warp is outdated, and updating the old
> glow patch was a waste of time, the new one I'm working on isn't even
> based on any of the same code. From the documentation, it looks like you
> didn't even get the latest old version...glows should allow warps as
> well as other transformations.

Having not been around while those features were added i don't know about
the details.

Concerning the displace warp - i was planning to add a new function warp
(as well as warp functions, i think those things have been discussed
somewhere previously) and therefore voted for not including the displace
warp but the others thought it would be good to add it for convenience.

Concerning glows: warps and transformations are supported.  A new glow
patch - sounds good, give it a few days rest but i am pretty sure we can
arrange something.  It should be obvious that none of the MegaPOV features
will stay as it is forever and features can also vanish again when there
is a new better solution. So don't worry too much about possibly outdated
functions.

Christoph

Last updated 31 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______