POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tank of water : Tank of water Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Tank of water
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 30 Dec 2002 21:15:18
Message: <3E10FD8E.92AB75C5@yahoo.com>
Seeing as there has been a bit of discussion on the subject of water
images lately, I thought I'd submit a recent experimental image of mine.

The water in the tank is made using an intersection of a cylinder and an
isosurface. The robot is just boxes, cylinders and a sphere. There are
five lights in the scene - one above the tank, and four in the corners
to add a bit of light to the overall scene. And, as you have probably
already guessed, photom mapping has been used on the tank and water.

The damn thing took 2.5 hours to render, thereby making it my slowest
scene yet.

Rohan _e_ii

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: