POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mask ( 17 Kb ) : Re: mask ( 17 Kb ) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mask ( 17 Kb )
From: Jim Charter
Date: 21 Dec 2002 12:35:07
Message: <3E04A8D6.6080402@aol.com>
Hugo wrote:
> Pretty good!

Thanks

Quite tall head so I'm not sure it fits on an african medicine
> man, but maybe that's not your goal.

The reference looked quite tall

The texture is fairly convincing, but
> maybe a bit too clean even for ceramic. I'm not sure what's the problem
> though.
Yeah it's not quite there yet.  It is supposed to be shiny wood.

> Nice to see a fellow Winger and Pover.
> Those two programs mix very well.

I am learning Wings slowly, it's a nifty little program.
It is not overburdened with tools, so you can quickly engage the issues
involved with "box modelling".  Also it seems to be capable of smoothing
to where pov radiosity can be used without getting polygon artifacts.

BTW, do you know how to get the magnets to work?  I'll be darned if I
can figure them out.

-Jim