POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Thightening an iso? : Re: Thightening an iso? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thightening an iso?
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 19 Dec 2002 08:39:13
Message: <3E01CE73.A753C45D@frege.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
> So grabbing what you showed me, I guess this might give the results I'm
> looking for...
>
> #declare R = 0.1;
> #declare Circle = function { pow(((x)/R),2)+pow(((y)/R), 2) }
> isosurface {
>   function { Circle(x*cos(w*z)+y*sin(w*z),y*cos(w*z)-x*sin(w*z)) }
> [...]
> }
>
> Though, this gives me error in MegaPov, so I wasn't able to see the
> results, I believe I missed something somewhere. It tells me that
> instead of the first pow in the Circle function, it was looking for a
> float factor.  What should I do?

OK. Some comments:

- Add (x,y) after function in the definition of Circle.
- declare w somewhere. It determines how fast the shape turns.
  Try 1 and adjust as needed.
- Your shape is a circle with the origin as center. As you turn this
  around the origin, nothing changes. Perhaps you want to move the
  center somewhere else. That's what cx and cy were for. To make it
  clear: This is the center _prior_ to turning. In fact the ,,real''
  center will move along a spiral.

Yours,

  Mark