POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Link Lock zazzle render : Re: Link Lock zazzle render Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Link Lock zazzle render
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 15 Dec 2002 19:40:49
Message: <3DFD201C.49CF2B14@interlog.com>
Tek wrote:

> "Dennis Clarke" <dcl### [at] interlogcom> wrote in message
> >   Geez .. if I had a few hundred dollars to spare right now I'd get the
> huge
> > version of this for my office wall.  Remind me of this in January and I'll
> get
> > the money together.
>
> Woah! You serious? I didn't think the picture was -that- good!
>
> Yeah, I'll remind you! :)

Well, its not about it being "that good".  What is important is that POVRAY is
now capable of producing real computer generated artwork.  You have produced a
piece of artwork that is your creation.  It is simplistic.  It is clean and
effectively expresses the nature of computer generated artwork.  That link
thing does not exist anywhere in reality.  That table ( or whatever ) that is
sits on is not real nor are the water droplets on the links.  It is not some
busy photo with piles of junk in it that screams technology at the top of its
lungs.  Perfect for the office wall.  People will ask me what it is and I will
not "That is a computer generated piece of artwork done wirh Pov-Ray."   I
will say that it is a piece of computer artwork by a artist named Tek.

Dennis Clarke
dcl### [at] blastwaveorg