POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Skylight include file : Lighting system blunders Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Lighting system blunders
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 10 Dec 2002 04:58:19
Message: <3DF5BA2E.3050902@wanadoo.be>
OK

I made several mistakes with the integration of Jaime Vives Piqueres'
lighting system in Skylight.inc.

Firstly, demo files D and E which should have shown how smoothly the two
include files work together (in my dreams) do not run. That is because I
used a beta-version of Jaime's lighting system and the file structure is
different from the released one. Drats. However, Skylight should work
correctly with correct lightsys I and II, even if demos D and E do not
work. Just set lightsys parameters (REF_WHITE, COLOR_FILTER and
MAX_LUMEN / EXPOSURE) before including Skylight.inc. And it should work
correctly, except that...

I think I made a grevious mistake while adapting Jaime's code.
Luminosity interaction is supposed not to be perfect. I think I should
make the following adaptations :
line 315 : vlength(lct) -> lct.gray
line 327 : sqrt(vlength(lct)) -> lct.gray
A word of warning: this code is totally untested (I do not have Pov here).

Povingly,

Philippe