POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rocks WIP : Re: rocks WIP Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rocks WIP
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 9 Dec 2002 05:11:51
Message: <3DF46C66.90F84963@gmx.de>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> I've been trying to create realistic rocks for some time - I think I'm
> getting close!
>
> All isosurface functions.

Very nice and quite different from most isosurface terrains i have made in
the past.  At some places i suspect insufficiant max_gradient.

> I'd like to add a rock staircase going over the center pass using
> isosurfaces, any ideas how I could do it?

I would use a CSG with separate isosurface objects.  Otherwise it will get
really slow.  For a staircase a combination of difference (for the parts
carved out of the rock) and merge (for the parts built up) would probably
work.

Christoph

Last updated 07 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______