POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Ceramics ... One ... More : Re: New Ceramics ... One ... More Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Ceramics ... One ... More
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 8 Dec 2002 09:20:15
Message: <3DF35520.5020400@spam.com>
Ross Litscher wrote:
> Aaron, I really like your textures on the vases. very realistic work. if
> they are not image_maps would you mind sharing them? ;) good stuff.

There is really nothing interesting or out of the ordinary about
the textures.  You are correct in the other post that it is the
finish and the normal that give it the look it has, rather than
the pigment (which could be anything darkish enough to make
the highlights and reflections stand out).

Here it is (coding could be improved, as usual):

#declare tex_01 =

   texture {
     pigment {
       marble