POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hmm coffee... : Re: hmm coffee... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hmm coffee...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Nov 2002 03:07:18
Message: <3DE5CEB4.D5EB96F2@gmx.de>
JRG wrote:

> A close up of the coffee percolator with steam and bluish fire.
> Render time is not significant (>11 hours), since the last two-three lines took 3
> hours to render (still have to figure why) so I had to kill the render (this is a
> cropped image).
> As always C&C is welcome.

Nice, but you should clean that coffee pot. ;-)

Concerning the lighting, i think when reflection is involved it is usually
a good idea to use Jaime's technique for the radiosity calculation, i.e.
take the radiosity data with dummy textures without reflection and reuse
it.  It might be necessary to do this precalculation at a higher
resolution but it usually leads to fast and smooth results.

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______