POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Apply gamma correction after antialiasing : Re: Apply gamma correction after antialiasing Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:58:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apply gamma correction after antialiasing
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Nov 2002 17:40:34
Message: <3DE549E2.EB5201C0@gmx.de>
"Anders K." wrote:

> I'm not sure I see why. I've never seen unwanted colors testing my patch,
> even when I deliberately lined up two clashing colors halfway between pixel
> boundries:

See the thread in p.b.i. for some arguments in that concern.
Interpolating between two strongly different colors with convincing
results is a difficult task.  One method would be to always interpolate
via some gray (or near to gray) value, this of course only makes sense if
the difference between the two colors is fairly large.

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______