POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k) : Re: Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Nov 2002 05:00:53
Message: <3DE497D5.5B052B6B@gmx.de>
Rene Schwietzke wrote:

> Hi Christoph,
>
> I checked the code and saw the linear interpolation algorithm. Therefore I
> expected an unsolvable problem but the discussion above shows, that it might
> be a defect. Could LAB solve the problem as discussed before? It seems to be
> fine for Photoshop but it could be protected by copyrights...

Doing color interpolation in CIE color space could indeed help but
conversion isn't easy.  A google search for 'CIE color interpolation' or
something similar will spit out a lot of material.  It might be easier
though to simply implement some nonlinear interpolation in RGB space
instead, this could be easily adjusted too.

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______