POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k) : Re: Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Nov 2002 04:19:56
Message: <3DE48E3B.A056E319@gmx.de>
Rene Schwietzke wrote:

> [...]
>
> Does anyone know a way to suppress this strange but quite logical behavior?
> Would it make sense to use an averaging algorithm based on HSL instead of
> RGB to improve the results? Of course, it could also be a problem without
> any solution. Comments are welcome.

The reason is that color blending in POV is based on linear interpolation
between the different color values in RGB space.  Although HSL color space
is somewhat different i don't think it would solve the problem.

I think it would be an interesting feature to add an optional different
(and more realistic) color interpolation method to POV-Ray, not only for
antialiasing but also for color maps for example.

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______