POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can I set more rays in one pixel? : Re: Can I set more rays in one pixel? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:04:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I set more rays in one pixel?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 25 Nov 2002 04:50:06
Message: <3DE1F268.8060405@free.fr>
Wu Yang wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.

> Now I need set the camera far from the object, so the object is very small.
> But I still want to get enough intersection points.

Distance of camera to object may be irrelevant with an orthographic
camera. The angle of the camera might rather interfer too.
(telephoto lens have a very small angle).

But if your object is only 10x10 pixels on the final renders, you won't
be able to see much details. Using Antialiasing will just shoot more
rays at it and performs some integration, but at the end a pixel can
only have one colour.
Increasing the image size would be better for the details (especially if
you keep antialiasing too!).

> Can I set the resolution
> as high as I want and what modifications do I need? Thanks.

You can set the image size as big as you want (reasonnably for your
computer anyway) and there is no need for any modification.
See the +H and +W switches in the pov-help.

Image resolution of 10000 x 10000 have been done with Povray.
You just need the disc space to store it...