POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dice Theme again - about 63 day rendering time : Re: Dice Theme again - about 63 day rendering time Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dice Theme again - about 63 day rendering time
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Nov 2002 06:42:23
Message: <3DD4DD8D.4587F6A@gmx.de>
Rene Schwietzke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I rendered one of my dice theme images in a resolution of 5250x3500
> (Zazzle.com size). Because it uses a lot of transparent objects and focul
> blur it took forever to render. Check out the statistics report, it took
> more than 63 days to complete on an AMD-850 with 1GB memory.
>
> [...]

Although you can't see much at that size i'm sure it looks impressive in
large.  None the less i wonder if some more interesting lighting could
improve the overall look.

The highlights BTW do not really match the perfect reflections and
transparency, since they mostly show up on the curved parts of the dice
these parts seem less polished than the flat faces although more detailed
observation shows the finishes are the same on both parts probably.

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______