POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Slime-POV feature: function camera : Re: New Slime-POV feature: function camera Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Slime-POV feature: function camera
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 Nov 2002 14:50:05
Message: <3DCEB86B.F66219A3@gmx.de>
Slime wrote:

> > Sounds very interesting although creating three separate functions for
> > specifying a vector is quite complicated and ugly for the user.  As
> > discussed in the function warp thread i think using vector functions -
> > although those can only be created using the average pigment trick or
> > Chris Huff's G patch right now - are probably a better solution.
>
> I dunno. I think pigments would be harder to work with. If POV-Ray supported
> vector functions, I'd definitely use them, but right now this seems like the
> best way to do it.

I'm not sure if you understand it correctly.  POV-Ray does support vector
functions in form of transform, spline and pigment functions.  Just for
defining a vector functions through formulas you need to use a pigment
function with an average pigment.  This can be simplified with macros of
course.

So by using vector functions in your patch syntax you don't loose
anything, you just gain additional options.

Christoph

Last updated 02 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______