POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 4.0...?? : Re: 4.0...?? Server Time
18 May 2024 04:44:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4.0...??
From: Ken
Date: 5 Nov 2002 08:39:36
Message: <3DC7C9FE.6BC517C8@pacbell.net>
Ryan Mooney wrote:

> I thought that 3.5 was supposed to be the upgrade from c to c++...??

That was a misconception on your part.

> Being a patch upgrade explains allot...

In what way?

> I will stick with trusty 3.1g in mega  version... =]

You are welcome to do so but I think you are missing the point. Most of the
change made for v3.5 were based on the patches in Megapov. The advantages
of v3.5 are that many of the patches were poorly written or badly implemented
within the program. The POV-Team cleaned them up and in many cases improved
the features that Megapov offered. While there were a couple of popular
features in Megapov that did not make the cut, glows for example, there is
more than enough in v3.5 to warrant the upgrade. Don't sell v3.5 short
without at least trying it. Your trusty v3.1g Mega version is a developmental
dead end.

--
Ken Tyler