POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More gum chewing : Re: More gum chewing (305 kbbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:34:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More gum chewing (305 kbbu)
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 1 Nov 2002 05:59:12
Message: <3DC25E26.C91B058B@onwijs.com>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> I now have about 60 cylinder blob components just in the chin.  How does it
> look?  I think it would look better if there were a rear jawbone (from ear
> to bottom of jaw) "visible" in the face, but want to know if there's enough
> suspension of disbelief as it is.
>
> Oh yeah and I have to fix that split lip.
>
>                       Name: poseskull02.mpg
>    poseskull02.mpg    Type: WMPLAYER File (video/x-mpeg2a)
>                   Encoding: x-uuencode

To be honest I like the previous one better (pose329sun.mpg) but
that might also be because it's smaller. The ridges on the lower
jaw look too artificial.
There is one other thing that becomes obvious in this animation
(and was already in the other one too) which I think isn't
entirely right: the rotation point (hinge?) of the lower jaw
seems to be to far backward. Or actually it's probably too far
down, since the jaw is attached to the skull somewhere near the
ears.
I expect your ultimate goal isn't hyper-realism but I think the
previous one was at least more acceptable within it's own
"representational model" (phew!).

The cylinder blobs must have slowed down rendering a lot, right?

Remco