POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle matrix effect with I/O (277kb mpg) : Re: Particle matrix effect with I/O (277kb mpg) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle matrix effect with I/O (277kb mpg)
From: Mark James Lewin
Date: 31 Oct 2002 20:02:29
Message: <3DC1D28B.5010303@yahoo.com.au>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> I knew that it can be done. After all, I/O may be
> modelled in such a way that particle may move
> slower and slower until they stop, its just the
> velocity and gravity have to be influenced appropriately
> as not to negate the realistic effect.
>
> But, is it possible for your system to run backwards?

It should be able to run backward. I'll have to try.

> But sometimes you want nice, easy and intuitive
> algorithms and setups, and then its sometimes the
> best idea to model programs to fit a certain task.

Yes, I can't agree more here. This was the first time in about 6 months that I
touched my particle system. It was a little more difficult to get back into it
than I had hoped.

> And I do like the animation, though it should go a
> little longer to see the balls drop, and they should
> be stretched a little from speed, like you can see
> in some of Rune's animations (IIRC) and Chris'
> System, and last of all, mine. :-)

Thanks. I think stretching is quite redundant on what is essentially a simple
test, though.

MJL