POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Filters and IRTC : Re: POV Filters and IRTC Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Filters and IRTC
From: John VanSickle
Date: 26 Oct 2002 14:03:23
Message: <3DBAD8FB.74CEFC0C@hotmail.com>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> I guess so. Its not post-processing of a photo or
> such. And if you look at some animations sent
> to the IRTC, I think its John VanSickle who creates
> artful fades between two scenes using image-maps
> applied onto pigments, so...

In addition to fades and wipes, I also use masking to create other
effects.

"Showbots" used a mask to combine a 320x240 frame with a 40x30 frame
to create the blocky censoring.  My current entry uses a mask to
combine two scenes, with two different backgrounds, to create the
warp gate.

The pigment_pattern in v3.5 makes this very easy.

Regards,
John