POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Rainbow - Leaving trail (MPG 84kb) : Re: Rainbow - Leaving trail (MPG 84kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow - Leaving trail (MPG 84kb)
From: Mark James Lewin
Date: 25 Oct 2002 00:31:02
Message: <3DB8C8EB.5020900@yahoo.com.au>
I like this one. Very nice.

Although I never posted it, when I was developing my PS, I did an animation using
spheresweeps that trailed a particle's position much like a streamer. These
rainbows remind me of them.

Could this effect be achieved without I/O, by re-running your system N times
(where N is the number of calculation steps you want to show) for each particle,
for each frame? It would increase parse time, but it would be just an exercise in
non-I/O methods afterall.

MJL