POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 3.5 render problems in OS9.2.2 : Re: 3.5 render problems in OS9.2.2 Server Time
18 May 2024 00:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 render problems in OS9.2.2
From: Hans-Martin Mosner
Date: 24 Oct 2002 16:06:11
Message: <3DB85345.F14FB69E@heeg.de>
rlar wrote:

> I just downloaded 3.5 for the second time and continue to have a problem
> getting it to render anything. The render queue starts and the little
> moving striped bar gives me the impression its doing something, but nothing
> happens and I eventually have to quit the program to get it to stop.
>
> I've tried rendering both tutorial files and some of the samples.
>
> I also noticed that I have no render preview window like the documentation
> refers to.
>
> I'm running a G4 800mhz with a gig of ram, OS9.2.2 and carbon lib 1.6
>
> Any thoughts?

Same problem here (233 MHz beige G3, 192MB Ram, OS8.6, CarbonLib D-1.5, with
and without Kaleidoscope)
and at a number of other places.
Seems like build 0173 is broken somewhere.
Does anybody have a build 0170 that I could download somewhere?
I have picked up the source tree, but I don't think I'd be able to create MPW
makefiles from scratch for the whole kaboodle. And I don't do serious software
development on my mac, so I did not invest into CW...
I'd go back to 3.1g only very reluctantly.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin