POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : media fog : media fog Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  media fog
From: Abe
Date: 15 Oct 2002 07:05:08
Message: <3DABF719.9070300@taconic.net>
Here are some trials on using media to mimic standard fog (which is in
itself really a pseudo volumetric fog ... does this mean I'm going
backwards??? ;) )
Anyway, with the limitations of standard fog, I wanted something which I
could assign to a container, control the density, etc, etc. The way I've
got it is a sphere container scaled to fog_dist and centered on the
camera. Two media statements do the ambient fog thing. f_samp_param() is
a macro which provides the sampling parameters (method 2). Currently the
value for f_density is 10 and fog_dist is 10*distance where distance is
equivalent to the standard fog keyword.

media{
    emission (f_color*f_density)/fog_dist
    f_samp_param()
}

media{
    absorption f_density/fog_dist
    f_samp_param()
}

The third image shows some preliminary trials with scattering media (a
light source illuminated fog).

Abe
Stop by at www2.taconic.net/bullfrog/sky

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stdfog.jpg' (28 KB) Download 'mediafog2.jpg' (29 KB) Download 'mediafog.jpg' (32 KB)

Preview of image 'stdfog.jpg'
stdfog.jpg

Preview of image 'mediafog2.jpg'
mediafog2.jpg