POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : cones.cpp: A typo and a question. : Re: cones.cpp: A typo and a question. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cones.cpp: A typo and a question.
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Oct 2002 05:45:19
Message: <3DABE3B6.8090009@free.fr>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> In article <3DA### [at] freefr>, Le Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr>
> wrote:
>

>>NO MORE INLINE here please (even binary... ).
>>

> Huh? It is attachments that are forbidden outside the binary groups,
> in-line code like this is fine. This was a bit long, but not
> unacceptable in my opinion.

It might be acceptable, but a single paragraph of text followed by a big
portion of code and a scene script is what I found a little too indigest.
(If at least the code part had been limited to a diff from previous code
to highlight the modification, or some embedded comments to help the
reading of the important points for the purpose of the thread.
More than a full screen of code is hard to read online)

Moreover, there is a povray.binary.programming group which would have
given a better presentation and an easier handling of the attached data.