POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for 4.0 core control : Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 14 Oct 2002 14:42:33
Message: <3DAB10FF.8060807@starman.ee>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

 > I'm not sure what your question is. The GUI itself is very platform
 > dependant, and will probably remain that way. There are
 > cross-platform frameworks, but those are pretty much equally bad on
 > all platforms. ;-) There will probably be similarities because they
 > are designed to do the same thing, and ideas will be shared, but I
 > doubt there will be anything like a standardized interface...

Why not? Why not to implement cross-platform UI by using some
(scriping??) language? I guess suppirting Windows/Linux/Unix/MacOS
should be sufficient and there is quite a number of tools for such task:
Tk/Tcl (or whatever it was called, never can't remember it :-), Python
(Yea, I know, that some here
hate Python, but Pyvon seems to be nice step in direction of
cross-platformness), Java with JNI for interface with POV-Ray core etc.

Performance of UI shouldn't be problem.