POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : United POV-Ray? : Re: United POV-Ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: United POV-Ray?
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 11 Oct 2002 15:34:03
Message: <3DA72888.9080409@starman.ee>
ABX wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:30:39 +0300, Vahur Krouverk <vkr### [at] starmanee>
> wrote:
>
>>With POV-Ray 3.5 release there is considerable interest in source code
>>'hacking', many users fix bugs and add new features. Perhaps it would be
>>good to unite such efforts and create one version, which contains all
>>useful modifications. Best would be, if there is public (CVS) server,
>>which hosts source code and users can commit fixes and updates to it.
>

> Somehow I thought the Team is against CVSed holding of POV-Ray sources in any
> way but I agree it could be much better. I have never played with CVS but as
> far as I see from other packages it is interesting.

I use CVS (with ViewCVS, http://viewcvs.sourceforge.net/) at my work (3
differently located officies in 2 countries) and it seems to be quite
decent system for source code management (although it has some
deficiencies, that's why more elaborated systems, like BitKeeper or
Subversion are developed). AFAIK, CVS is used extensively in open source
community and this should be good enough argument :-)