POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : varnish test : Re: varnish test Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: varnish test
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 9 Oct 2002 04:16:52
Message: <3DA3E5EF.40FD33AB@gmx.de>
Norbert Kern wrote:

> Of course we all learn from each other. By example I love your pinnacle
> texture from "chess".
> The use of the slope dependent texture in the skin definition is really

> I by myself am testing the use in plant textures. I hope to solve the
> double_illumination problem you mentioned some months ago, where you used
> media instead of double_illuminate in a leaf material of your phantastic
> pond image. Up to now I have a simple meadow as an test. Grass and flowers
> have all slope dependent pigment definitions.

I'm not sure if i understand this right, you use a slope pattern in
direction of the main light to texture the side facing the light with some
normal plant texture and the other side with an ambient finish to simulate
the light scattered?

Your scene, although being impressive by the sheer amount of plants, seems
to lack the contrast in the colors you usually would expect for a view
against the light.

A scene showing this quite well is:

http://marc.jacquier.free.fr/pen_ar_bed_herb.htm

Christoph